This policy (together with Our Terms of website use and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from a visitor (“You/Your”) to our website, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand Dress Like The Celebs views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Dress Like The Celebs Limited ("We/Our/Us") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act") up until the 25th May 2018 and thereafter the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the data controller is Dress Like The Celebs Limited.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on Our Site("Our Site") www.dresslikethecelebs.com. This includes information provided at the time of registering for a customer account on our site, buying goods or subscribing to our VIP membership newsletter. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- When you purchase from Our Site, we collect the following personal information: your name, e-mail address, telephone number and billing and delivery address.
- When you sign up to our VIP newsletter we obtain your name, e-mail address and date of birth.
- Data for credit card payments are processed via our third-party payment service processor (Sage Pay Europe Limited) via a high level secure website. Dress Like The Celebs do not hold or have access to any customer credit card details.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. In the event of a data security breach you (the customer) will be notified by e-mail.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Dress Like The Celebs.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by e-mail if you have given us your consent to do so.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you only if you have given us permission to do so.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, Dress Like The Celebs (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you consent to us using your data in this way for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (registration form).
Disclosure of your information
We do not disclose your personal information to any third parties except when we need to fulfil your order.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Dress Like The Celebs Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If Dress Like The Celebs are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of website use, and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Dress Like The Celebs Limited, Our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We provide our selected Courier Company with your name and address for the delivery of your goods only.
- When you checkout on our website you will be redirected to Sage Pay's secure website to complete your transaction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. Dress Like The Celebs will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You also have the right to make a complaint for any data protection issues to the Information Commissioner's Office based within the UK. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the Websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these Websites, please note that these Websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these Websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. You can contact us to update personal data on your account. You can also ask us to stop using your information or delete your details we have on file by contacting us via e-mail.